Sunday, December 26, 2010

Happy New Year

A few comments as one year ends and a new one begins:
1. Anyone can link to my videos. Send in the huddled masses. Just don't copy.
2. The evolution timeline is not a venue for examining the mechanisms of evolution. It is most useful for providing a chronological context when reading Science or whatever. It is the most frequently updated video thanks to the pace of new discoveries, with many links to pertinent articles especially for the past thousand years.
3. The videos have now been translated into six languages thanks to the heroic efforts of happy volunteers. But I must warn anyone interested that you must be willing to translate all of the videos, not just some. This year, persons have offered to translate all but evolution, on religious grounds. Censorship is not acceptable, particularly for the stated reason.

3 comments:

Jose Miguel Juarros said...

hello,
I just want to say your job here is really good!. When I found your http://www.johnkyrk.com/DNAanatomy
I became impressed ! ... you know, I'm seriously thinking about studying Biochemistry now !. I went to the University to study Physics and until now I never had "good feeling" about Chemistry and Biochemistry, but now ...looks like I'm intellectually falling in love here ! Cheers!

Mark Bolton said...

Hi John,

I am a 50+ Australian electronic engineer involved in a fairly arcane form of surveying. I love it that guys like your good self can bring subjects such as this to a "nodding terms" aquiantence with us guys who are from remote fields of endevor but who love science and knowledge.

You rock Mate !

Pennyjewel said...

Hello! Your site is amazing. Thanks so much. My high school uses your videos quite often. I was wondering if you could consider making a animation of muscle (aka the sliding filament model)? Thank you!